1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steph Curry and Under Armour

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I don't think Under Armour will be around in 5 years.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised (maybe) at how insidious this kind of thing can play out. DaughterQuant's club is now sponsored by UA, so at the start of the season all the girls were told very sternly that non-UA shoes/stuff would henceforth be verboten in tournament play. Asics seems to be the brand of choice in DaughterQuant's circle, so most of the parents were thinking, "Shit, there's another couple hundred." When pressed, the club directors said, "Well, so long as it's not Nike." Ultimately all we had to do was use a black sharpie on the white swoosh on DaughterQuant's wristbands.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Seriously? Hell, And 1 and LA Gear still exist. There's no way Under Armour falls that hard that fast.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

But And 1 and LA Gear didn't give Steph Marbury and Karl Malone the kind of money that UA is giving Spieth and Curry.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

LA Gear is still around ?!?!

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

British Knights, too.

British Knights® US - The Official Website

Good God.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I have a Rose pair and my son has Dame 3s (his AAU team is Adidas, so...). They're tremendous. Not much to look at (especially the Dames), but they feel better than any pair of Nikes either of us has ever worn.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

They also have the kind of narrow zig-zag tread I've always thought provided the best traction.

Draft saved Draft deleted