1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Step One in the Barry Bonds Public Image Rehabilitation Movement

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Interesting. Fucked up, but interesting.

I just don't hate Barry Bonds like everyone else. What has happened, happened and he is going to break the record and no matter how much people hate him, it isn't going to change that fact.
    I read an interesting column in a paper recently (can't remember which one, just know it was during my travels so it must have been on of the Seattle papers or God-forbid the Las Vegas paper ((which I doubt, because the paper I saw was lame)), and it had some interesting talk in it about how Selig sucks for not going after Tom Hicks the way he has gone after Giambi.
    I will try to dig up the link.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just remembered, it was in the Las Vegas paper but it was a column from McClatchy or some other news service. I have no idea how to search for it, but if someone has a link they should post it. It ran in Tuesday's Las Vegas paper.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

No, for his comments about how he suspected Juan Gonzalez of using steroids and then being off steroids when he sucked for the Rangers.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No, he wouldn't. People would still whine the 754 he hit before he walked away.

And buck, Tom Hicks made some comments about Juan Gonzalez and steroids, basically saying had Juan Gone juiced, he would have been worth the contract.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/columnists/jim_reeves/story/139989.html

"Juan Gonzalez, for $24 million, after he came off steroids probably... we just gave that money away," Hicks told Laufenberg.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Didn't he beat McGwire in the finals, 3-2, in 1996? I distinctly remember him flipping his bat in victorious fashion.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

But Selig hasn't exactly called Hicks down to his office to explain why his comments, which seem to reflect that Hicks -- as the team's owner -- would be OK with steroids if it helped his team.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

And he hasn't basically told Hicks if he doesn't work with the Mitchell investigation he will be suspended. That was the point I was trying to make.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

So would 29 other owners.

Barry's first step should be to find a better guy to defend him on message boards than creamora.

Draft saved Draft deleted