1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

stealing home in SI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by AD, Aug 14, 2010.

1. AD

AD Active Member

great inside baseball story in the mag this week. like you walked into the dugout and stumbled on a conversation that has been going on forever. superbly written and reported; tells you plenty you didn't know about a subject we've all thought about at the ballpark. classic si stuff...

2. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

read it today. it definitely was good stuff and why i keep re-upping my subscription.

3. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Super read. I've long been a big fan of the author, Bruce Schoenfeld. Excellent reporter...and writer.

Didn't know he wrote pieces for SI.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Agree great read

5. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

I've been looking forward to that one, but haven't started it yet...skimmed the photos though...always the first thing I do when I bring it inside on Thursdays :)

Is it just me or has SI made a resurgence over the last few months...I've read cover-to-cover over that time from the always anticipated Where are they Now issue to the Floyd Little feature to Serena Williams...I've been fully engaged for awhile.

6. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

I'm halfway through the article. It's interesting so far. I grab the mag on my way to the toilet.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Great read. As an Oakland A's fan, it reminded me of Game 5 of the 1972 ALCS. Reggie Jackson stole home on the front end of a double steal, tore a hamstring and missed the World Series. But it was a crucial play since the A's were trailing 1-0 at the time. When he was younger, Reggie could really run.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Great stuff, I remember the Hill steal like it was yesterday. I think that's the only one I have ever seen in a game I was watching live.

One minor quibble: Dwayne Murphy is a coach with the Jays, not Oakland.

Draft saved Draft deleted