1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stayin' Aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by I Digress, Oct 16, 2008.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

And now it's stuck in mine.

3. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Nice to have a snog in your head when you save a heart. Alternatively, consider doing double time to Lightfoot's Edmund Fitzgerald. The dirge seems more appropriate to the situation.

I'll be in Chicago at the ACEP meeting. It will be interesting to hear the paper presented. (any chance they'll fire up the disco ball in the conference room?)
  4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I prefer this version ...

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I graduated from high school the same year the song came out, and as I recall, I did not know anyone who liked disco music or who attended a disco. Millions did, but it was not on our radar out in the sticks. I guess we're all gonna die soon.

Three years later, I had to cover an evening press event at a large hotel about 25 miles away, closer to the city, and after we were done I heard thumping downstairs, so I went down there and walked into the bar. Immediately I spotted a writer from another paper, who I'd met covering various high school events. I said to her, "Oh, I didn't see you at the press conference." She looked at me like I was from Mars and said, "Press conference? I'm here to boogie!" I was like, "Oh. (Ick.) Gotta go."

You either liked that stuff or you really hated it.
  6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I maintain that I want this song played at my funeral. I don't people crying over me. I want them celebrating my life, laughing and having a good time. :)
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I didn't go to kingcreole's funeral looking to fall in love. I just went there for a couple of drinks.

8. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Member

All I want to hear at my funeral are the words:

"DAMN! He's moving...!!!"

At that point, they may play the song, Stayin' Alive
Draft saved Draft deleted