1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stay flash San Diego!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Jul 5, 2012.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Whatever you do, don't hit the red button. Or else your entire fireworks show will be over in 15 seconds.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/07/entire-san-diego-fireworks-show-exploded-in-15-seconds-ruining-show.html

Youtube is a gold mine right now.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

There's a BYH joke in here somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find it!

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I think my favorite is the comment by someone on Twitter saying they waited three hours "in the cold."

Fuck you, San Diego. :D

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

When we were there last year my cousin, whose husband is a minister, was telling us that he spends a fair bit of time down there working with their homeless population. I told her Toronto has a terrible homeless problem and while I am sure it is no walk on the beach (pun intended) wherever you may be if I had a choice I['d rather be homeless in San Diego than Toronto.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That last time 15 seconds of fireworks was big news, it involved Rick Pitino and an Italian restaurant.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My wife deals a lot with the city and county governments of San Diego, the self-proclaimed "America's finest city."

And she never lacks for tales of ignorance, stupidity or negligence on the part of the government folks she deals with. It really is the worst local government in America.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I believe the proper nomenclature is ...

[​IMG]

"Go fuck yourself, San Diego."

THE UNION-TRIBUNE HAS FIRED PEOPLE FOR LESS THAN THAT! SUBVERSIVE!

Draft saved Draft deleted