1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stay classy Mexico

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, May 29, 2007.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Booing of Miss USA at Miss Universe

Not that I care about some beauty pageant, but that's pretty pathetic. (Miss USA did herself no favors by falling on her ass earlier in the competition though).

2. I thought this was about Ron and the dogfighting again.

3. boots

boots New Member

What do you expect. You put a freaking fence around the country but you won't put one around Canada. You treat the people, whose land you took, like crap. What do you expect, a welcome mat?

4. IU90

IU90 Member

That was classy for Mexico. At least they avoided chanting "Osama" and throwing bags of feces and urine as happens when our soccer team goes down there.

5. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

If she fell earlier in the competition, she absolutely deserves to get booed. Are you kidding? I'd boo the hell out of her.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

It's a road game. You have to expect that.

7. boots

boots New Member

The sweet smell of feces and the stench of urine....Gotta love it.

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

One of these days we're going to have to find a way to beat those guys down there.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

10. IU90

IU90 Member

Those boos had nothing to do with the fall. Those boos had to do with the USA on her chest. Exact same things happens every time someone's competed as a USA rep in Mexico City in recent years.

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/1208559/

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, you should get pumped up by the booing when your on opposition turf. Feed off it.

Draft saved Draft deleted