1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

statewide prep sports positions

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Mark2010, May 20, 2009.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Company: Coaches Aid.com
    Position: Content Coordinator
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $35,000 to $40,000
    Ad Expires: June 24, 2009
    Job ID: 1055018

Description:
    Coaches Aid.com is hiring State Managers, Content Coordinators, Regional Reporters, Sales Representative and Photographers Nationally.

Please contact and send resume to Mark Ward

markward@coachesaid.com for more details.

Phone 405-590-0983

This could be an interesting opportunity for someone who knows their way around the high school sports scene. They are based in Oklahoma, but apparently want to expand the concept to a handful of other states in the south and southwest.

Looks like a lot of database and stats work, rankings, etc., as well as some writing opportunities.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Did you just out yourself?

4. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

Is this an upstart that plans to compete with maxpreps.com? Because if that's the case, now's the time. Since maxpreps was bought by CBS Sports, it has really lost its luster. It's just so stagnant now.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Coaches Aid has been around for a few years now. It was an Oklahoma only thing, but they've been starting to branch out to other states. Their home page http://www.coachesaid.com/ is still Okie-centric.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Nope. Never heard of them until last week.

7. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Sounds interesting, but def. one where I'd be asking them as many questions as they ask me during the interview. (Benefits, insurance, for starters...company growth philosophy, backing, stability, etc...)

8. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Anyone heard more about this? Ie. who's the money? I saw a post for this on journalismjobs.com and seems like they are ramping up a lot.

9. Glen Rosales

Glen Rosales Member

I sent out a resume several weeks ago. No reply. I would be interested in having some more info about these folks.

10. spartan47

spartan47 New Member

I applied and received an e-mail 2 days ago stating that I would be contacted to write freelance articles for North
    Carolina High School sports. I was told there there would be an organizational meeting for our state soon.

11. TTFN2008

TTFN2008 New Member

I received the same treatment. Nada in return to email and phone call.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Does that mean they are planning on expanding to more states than indicated on their Web site? I didn't notice North Carolina among the highlighted states.

Draft saved Draft deleted