1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

State Wobegon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Hope you weren't planning on dropping by a State Park in the the Land of 10,000 Lakes this weekend....

http://www.startribune.com/

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It's not just about the money. The GOP is trying to ram social policy through in conjunction with the budget.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In addition to unconditionally declaring that no taxes of any description can be raised on anyone at all.

More hostage-taking and groveling at the feet of Grover Norquist, whoever the fuck he is.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

You should come to Connecticut, the fairyland of Make Believe. Not only did the GOP fail to win any Congressional or statewide offices in the midterms, but the House Minority Leader was just complaining they gave the Governor too MUCH power to cut spending. I wonder what he would have said if that was a Repub Governor. Go Figue.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I heard a MSM newscaster the other day referring to the pledge that most GOP Congressman have signed, saying that they would never raise taxes. The reporter acted like due to this pledge, it would be sacrilegious to expect any GOP Congressman to raise taxes.

Makes me wonder what would happen if all Democratic Congressman signed a pledge that they would never cut education spending one penny. Would the MSM consider them equally noble as the GOP pledge signers are being treated?

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fort Sumter is getting nervous.

7. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

I blame Favre

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

For the GOP, voting to maintain or raise education spending is akin to voting against themselves.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

They all need to be purified in the waters of Lake Minnetonka.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, Lake Minnetonka is closed.

11. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Sorry folks, park's closed. Moose out front shoulda told ya.

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

What I don't like about the shutdown is everything is not shutdown. If the state doesn't have authority to spend a dime, then it shouldn't. Yes, people will suffer, but that fact alone would help get a deal done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.