1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

State of the Union thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

She shouldn't have been allowed in D.C., much less the building. At the very least, the networks should have had Perez Hilton telestrate penises on her whenever she appeared on screen.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I wish Ryan would have still had the facial hair. When he had it, he looked like a guy who went on a weekend bender after his gal dumped him

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

But you did and it magically disappeared.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

BDC99 likes this.
  5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Our "A" section was super tight tonight, crammed with nearly 200 inches of obits (I'm still recovering from that ordeal) ... so at the news meeting, we had room on the bottom of A1 for either a State of the Union wire story or local yokels dreaming about what they could do with the Powerball jackpot.

Sorry folks, local bilge won out. President Obama and his SOTU speech had 15 inches and a photo inside. And it probably was the right decision. If our readers cared at all about the president's speech, they watched it get ripped to shreds on Fox News.

6. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Paul Ryan:

[​IMG]

or

Captain Hanks for Men of Honor:

[​IMG]

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Major Frank Burns lives!

#liverlips

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Baron, wake up! You've got to start posting on this thread today. The 24 hour clock is ticking. At 8:23 PM, the thread turns into a pumpkin unless a moderator gets really, really pissed sooner. So far, it was fairly civil. Work your magic!

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

OK. Go fuck yourself.

Is that good enough?:)

Vombatus likes this.
  11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He's going to have a lot of practice making that face for the next 8-9 years.

Now, what would really concern me if I were him would be what is the proper facial expression for President Trump.

I do like that the woman giving the rebuttal spoke slowly enough for the base.

dooley_womack1 likes this.
  12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nikki Haley ---

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.