1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

State of the Union Address

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

How do you know it was a US flag?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Saint Barack Obama of Abbottabad.

The guy mentions bin Laden's killing more than Rudy mentions 9/11.

He really seems proud of ordering a kill mission. So unlikely. Haven't seen a transformation like this since Michael Corleone.

3. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

I'm reminded of an old Saturday Night Live sketch from campaign season in 1992 ... Dana Carvey doing George H.W. Bush, making a campaign stop somewhere and shaking hands with people going, "Persian Gulf, Persian Gulf, good to see ya, Persian Gulf." Because it was the only thing he had to run on. I don't think that's so much the case with Obama, but yeah, clearly, he's going to run that into the ground.

I listened to most of the speech while I was working ... on the domestic stuff, it felt like he sounded a real populist theme, saying a lot of things and backing a lot of ideas that are tough to oppose when the economy is in the crapper. Especially when the likely nominee from the Republican field is uber-rich.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Now that President Obama has introduced Debbie Bosanek as part of national debate, I think it's fair to call on her to release her tax returns for the last 4 years and also detail of what her full compensation package is. Is she getting stock options? Does part of her long term compensation package include Berkshire stock?

I suspect that there is more than meets the eye here.

I will still vote for the guy but how dumb does he think we all are.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's not even close.

Rudy will have 9/11 chiseled on his tombstone.

6. YankeeFan

Give it some time.

Every time Obama feels like he needs to dig deep, he reaches for Osama.

I love seeing a squishy liberal, who ran on due procedure, against, waterboarding, closing Gitmo, etc. stake his re-election campaign on a kill shot.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Feel free to have your fun . . .

But the real depravity lay in why Fredo didn't bother.

Saudi royal family, kiss, kiss, suck, suck . . .

8. YankeeFan

Bush might not have bothered.

Obama campaigned against his policies, before adopting them. Which is worse?

But, you're right. At least he doesn't kiss despots' asses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Um, doesn't one have to win to "ride to the presidency"?

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

You really have no ability to detect sarcasm.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It reminds me of a Family Guy episode a few years back when they were skewering W. Lois was running for some election, and everyone kept tuning her out, until she would said 9/11, then everyone would cheer. She kept repeating that until she was elected.

12. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

When it comes to Dick, you never know.

We can't all be as smart as you Dre. And even if we were, we wouldn't make it a point of telling everyone we are.

Draft saved Draft deleted