1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

State of the Union Address

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Jan 25, 2011.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Out of control commodities prices! HOORAY! Wack jobs shooting up cops on an hourly basis! HOORAY! Banks seizing homes without authority! ENCORE!! Endless war with the sand people! MORE, GIVE US MORE!! Slash Social Security benefits!! OMG..I'M GONNA CUM
    IN MY PANTS!!

USA!!

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I want Obama to come out and talk about how Cutler shit the bed on Sunday.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Giffords' intern -- the one credited with helping to save her life -- will be attending.

I know he was described as a college intern, but I assumed he was someone who had returned to college. I was shocked to see that today is his 21st birthday. The guy looks at least 30 to me.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Guessing he might not use those exact words.

In other news, disappointed to learn Pelosi turned down Cantor's invitation, she already had a date:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/25/pelosi-turns-down-cantor-as-her-date-for-speech/?partner=rss&emc=rss

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If politics is Hollywood for ugly people, then there are going to be a lot of folks tonight having bad flashbacks to high school -- dateless on Prom Night.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Well, there was one.

Then some deranged gunman shot her.

Bachmann is having some kind of week. Yesterday she coordinated the (completely inappropriate) Antonin Scalia Constitutional session with Congress.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It'll be interesting if Ryan, delivering the "official" GOP response, goes back to his "roadmap," which would mothball Medicaid and Medicare, and pretty much shut down Social Security for everyone under 55, in order to eternalize the top-bracket tax cuts.

That certainly ought to "energize the base." :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

If you're going to tiptoe up to the third rail, might as well jump on it with both hands and both feet.

(Unless the Big O preemptively bends over for them, which is always a possibility.)

Then we'll hear the customary shrieking from Morticia from Minnesota.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

'Yes, our economy has been challenged and we have seen our friends, our family, ourselves face financial adversity not experienced since the Great Depression.

But, we must continually forge forward to a new day of prosperity; we must continually strive to right our economic direction; we cannot and will not pull a Cutler'....

9. Mizzougrad96

"Unlike the quarterback of my favorite team, we've got to play hurt, smile through the pain, and most importantly, take the elevator when we go out to dinner with our TV star girlfriend after the game."

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As I've said, the Tea Party should have the courage of its convictions and break off from the GOP. Otherwise, its nothing more than just another sub-caucus

11. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, the democrats would just love that, wouldn't they?

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

The Democrats love the Tea Party already. It is fracturing the Republicans and virtuallly assuring Obama's reelection

Draft saved Draft deleted