1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

State of the News Media 2007

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I'm not doubting you, I just haven't seen one that's good. The traditional alt-weekly people make fun of them, calling them "faux alts" on their association's Web site. Maybe the one you see is better than the rest, but the ones I've seen tend to be by morons for morons. So I have to wonder, are the readers laughing with them or laughing at them?

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I don't click on the ads, ever. But then I usually ignore newspaper ads. My wife hits the mute button on TV commercials, while I'll usually pick up something to read during commercial breaks if she's not around (but leave the sound on). I guess we know what we want, we don't want to be sold to. But thank God not everyone's like us.

3. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

never click on web ads. mute out tv ads or switch channels.

as for print ads, i have to admit that attractive female models catch my eye, get me to pause

very clever, those ad people

4. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

i'm flattered. honestly.

Draft saved Draft deleted