1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

State of CT vs The Catholic Church

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

after reading that I just blessed myself twice and I am now going to say a novena for you Fenian.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You are all welcome to join me tonight for Purim, a good reminder that all faiths are loaded with really bad people and somehow we all survive.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That makes me sick. Every single part of that story.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever read.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

RICO

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Yes, corruption and bad behavior affect churches of all faiths. I'm well aware of the Mormon church pulling the same cover-up stunts with members of the lay clergy out west. It happens. And everyone involved in cover-ups should be, to use another religious test, burned at the stake.

And Boom, normally I don't respond to your bullshit, but your attack on SC was out of line. The solution to abuse is giving victims a voice and a way to inform others how their life has been affected, not mocking them or telling them to STFU.

7. Boom_70

Then why ruin your record now badet? Your point is well taken except that is not what sc does. She likes to play the victim card for effect well into a discussion. It's her way of bludgeoning a poster not in agreement with her point of view into submission.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Catholic Church is quite clearly never going to effectively address the sexual-abuse crisis unless it is forced to at the point of a legal gun. The United States Department of Justice is probably the only institution worldwide with a big enough gun.

This doesn't mean persecuting the religion itself: it means imposing legal and financial accountability upon criminals and predators in the organizational bureaucracy of the church.

Start throwing bishops in jail and confiscating nine-figure sums of church assets, you'll see some action.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Clearly, you have a lot to add to the discussion. ::)

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Actually, he started the discussion. Everyone else is just adding. ::)

11. Boom_70

pssssst I started this discussion. Nice try though.

The only surprise here is that you are not more of an expert on the catholic church as you are on most other matters.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I am outraged by this, but I also wonder...what is the stated intent behind this bill? Anyone? I genuinely am curious.

Draft saved Draft deleted