1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Start your tradin': Carlos Lee to Rangers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by beefncheddar, Jul 28, 2006.

1. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

To respond to an earlier question, Turnbow is going to get two, three more chances to close, and if he fails as he has been, Cordero is taking over.

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

As an Orioles fan, not sure what to think here. I guess Tejada has outstayed his welcome - and he's not the defensive player he once was - but the guy can still hit. Hopefully the O's, if they make this deal, would get some good players back (rumored Blalock, although hopefully he can play first because they just gave More a three-year, no-trade deal).

Of course, Angelos would have to approve any deal .... and that could easily kibosh any plans.

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

OK, just saw this from FOXsports.com:

http://foxsports.foxnews.com/mlb/story/5825796

Not sure I like either of these deals. I like Ervin Santana, but geez, at least get Brandon Wood, too!

The Astros deal? (Everett, Lidge and Lane/Tavares) Looks like crap to me.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Tejada to the Angels probably ends up with the O's getting back Wood it looks like. A deal with Texas would mean Blalock goes to Baltiimore, and then they just shift Mora to LF and that solves one position hole. They'd still be dumb to trade Tejada, but Blalock would be the best pickup I think.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Blalock for Tejada? Fuckabuncha that. They could sign Palmeiro or Sosa off the street and lose nothing.

Blalock for Bedard? Now let's talk.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Blalock < Bedard. The Orioles would be stupid to trade Bedard for Blalock. They need arms, and he's turned into a great one of late with a cheap price tag.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Shhhh! (whispering) You know that and I know that and 90 percent of the baseball fans on this board know that. But judging by some of Baltimore's moves of late, do the O's?

Draft saved Draft deleted