1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starcraft II

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

So um, apparently the world's most anticipated computer game ever was released yesterday.

http://ca.tech.yahoo.com/home_entertainment/accessories/article/4647

Am I alone in never having heard of Starcraft before?

Saw a poster for it a couple of days ago and all I could think of was Star Fox. Then went and bought NCAA Football 11 on Monday from a video game store and the cashier could hardly contain his excitement. Couldn't believe me when I told him I have never heard of it before -- he goes on to explain to me how in Korea it is as popular as hockey is in Canada. ::)

Then I come across the above article.

Have to say I have never heard of it before. Warcraft? sure, my brother is into that. And Diablo was a favourite of mine back in the day. But not Starcraft.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've never heard of it, either, but the commercial looks good. I don't play video games much these days, but I do enjoy some of the ads.

I really like this one for DC Universe Online.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It gave us this cultural touchstone:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Starcraft was the jam when I was in college.

5. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Heard of Starcraft when I was younger, but never got into it. I played EverQuest, then moved on to EQ2 and eventually WoW. But even though I like the sci fi genre, Starcraft never quite appealed to me.

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Starcraft killed many an afternoon in front of the computer, then I got tired of RTS games where you have to click on a building, build a unit, then send them to their bloody death. And Starcraft is huge in Korea, with stadiums full of people watching two guys duke it out. I am just over RTS games, or I'd be all over it too, looks awesome.

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Yeah, I haven't played an RTS in quite some time; maybe C&C: Red Alert was the last.

Draft saved Draft deleted