1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starbury II

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Mar 28, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

I know how everyone here loves save money. With that in mind, are you inclined to purchase a pair of Starbury II's for $14.95. I say if its good enough for Marbury and Ben Wallace, it's good enough for me.

2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

The sneakers fall apart after April.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I've wanted to get a pair of the Starbury kicks for a while now but the Steve and Barry's shop is kind of out of the way for me.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

And I'd like to kick Starbury. [/Larry Brown]

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They weigh a ton. I tried them on last time I went near S&B and ... well, maybe it would work instead of the ankle weights.

6. boots

boots New Member

I understand they have great support. Could you feel it?

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

S&B is a great store, but it's not known for high quality merchandise.

8. ChrisLittmann

ChrisLittmann Member

The Starbury's aren't anything special. They're knockoffs, plain and simple. People who are into shoes know they've really ripped off some mainstays like the Nike Air Force One, New Balance 574, and others. I mean you can't beat it for $15, but I think I'd pay a couple dollars extra just to not have myself associated with Marbury.

9. girl friday

girl friday Member

Shouldn't he get at least a little bit of credit for putting his name on something that the masses can afford?

After all, Jordan's have killed more inner-city kids than crack... ;)

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

........I'm gonna' stick with these
    [​IMG]

11. boots

boots New Member

We used to have a saying. Don't get the kind that slip and slide, get the kind with the star on the side.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

In my neighborhood, the conventional wisdom was that Keds were better outdoor shoes but Chucks were better indoors. From '68 on, I've always had a pair of Chucks in my closet.

Draft saved Draft deleted