1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starbucks free refills experiment

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Because I'm not aware of anyone else who charges for it.

If anyone else does, I'd be pleased to be enlightened.

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Dunkin' Donuts coffee is tremendous. Although, I actually like McDonald's coffee, too. Never liked Starbucks.

My wife is horrendously addicted to Starbucks espresso drinks. It would be better for us financially if she smoked a pack a day.

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

For me, it's been the other way. DD burns their coffee and Tim's doesn't.
    Doesn't Tim's brew a fresh pot every 20 minutes?
    I know the Dunk doesn't.
    To be honest, I love McD's coffee, smooth, no bitterness.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Huggy, you have to translate that into American for our neighbours to the south.

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

Two creams, two sugars.
    I speak fluent Canuckistani.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Poseur. :)

7. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

i paid 1.67 for my starbucks coffee this morning. it you're paying $4 for a starbucks drink, it's not plain coffee. i like starbucks. but i also like coffee at caribou, panera, dunkin donuts, the nearby independent joint. i like tully's in seattle. i usually just want a cup of coffee, and i'm generally not too picky. someone fill me in on the cost of a cup at 7/11. it's probably not that much cheaper than a cup at the 'bucks. it might be 50 cents cheaper, but i also don't get wireless at 7/11. and as mentioned previously, the people watching is usually a little better in a place like starbucks, caribou and the independent joint. plus, the starbucks hottie, about once a week, gives me a couple free drink coupons.

8. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

This guy will tell you what you can do with your Starbucks.

NSFW (unless you have headphones).

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Used to work across the street a from McD's and all I went there for was coffee in the mrninmg (and the occasional chocolate milkshake). Loved their coffee but haven't had one in a while.

Yes, Tim's brews a new pot every 20 minutes and they can go through one in no time in the morning. Today's coffee was definitely the exception, not the rule.

And good job with the Conversational Canuckistani. You could teach a course on that.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've seen this a dozen times - at least - and it never gets old. That man knows how to use the word "fuck".

And he's fucking dead on here. Fuck Starbucks.

11. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

not bad, and I'll raise you a denis leary (nsfw unless you have headphones)

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

An oldie but goldie.

Draft saved Draft deleted