1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starbucks free refills experiment

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Jan 23, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, I'd agree with you if he weren't right. But as I sit here with my greasy, Italian hair sticking up, wearing a Jimmy Eat World hoodie and ripped wind pants, I'm just going to agree with Ace. It's alot easier to go with the truth than think of a witty comeback.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My family in Buffalo always raves about that place. I've never even scene it, though my GPS knows all about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

From the Globe & Mail today:

Shares in Starbucks have lost about half their value over the past year amid worries about U.S. consumer spending, over-expansion and competition from rivals such as McDonald's Corp. The report said $1 undercuts prices at both McDonald's and Dunkin' Donuts.

Sounds like they're in trouble and I'm not sure downgrading their brand is going to be the solution

Of course, the fact that they 15,000 stores may not help.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It could say that people have wised up and are less likely to spend $5 on crappy coffee.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They're great, but the fact they CHARGE FOR F'N WHIPPED CREAM in hot chocolate knocks them down, several notches.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

My brother lives in the Cities and I think he gets his mail delivered to the Caribou Coffee place next to his office he's in there so much.

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

We ran a story today, that pending city zoning board approval, my little burg will be getting a Tim's.
    JR, HC, double-doubles are on me.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My old man has the location of every Caribou Coffee in the Midwest memorized.

He actually looked into franchising so he could put one in his hometown. Alas, no dice.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

They do?

I've never ordered hot chocolate at a Tim's.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I've ordered a strawberry tarte at Tim's.

Fab.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I had my usual XL double-double at Tims this morning and it was burnt. Pisses me off right off the bat.

I'll add my name to the anti-Starbucks chorus. (Same with Second Cup up here too.) I had a coffee from Dunkin' Donuts while in Michigan a few months ago and it was very good.

12. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Ben: Why do you object for paying extra for whipped cream?

Would you rather they raise the price 20 cents so everyone has to pay for it regardless of whether or not they get it?
    Personally, I'd love it if Starbucks charged extra since I never get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted