1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star Wars vs. Star Trek in baseball

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Geordi as a closer? He's blind!
    And still probably better than Kevin Gregg.

I also think Yoda or Obi-Wan should have been a catcher. If the pitch is just a bit outside, they can use the Jedi mind trick to get the ump to call it a strike.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And I could see either of them talking to get in the batters' heads, like Jake Taylor in Major League.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Do they have Sulu hitting from both sides of the plate?

4. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Don't forget that R2D2 can toss a light saber to a moving target within inches. That would make gunning down a base stealer pretty easy.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Well, this guy has Fenway Park experience:

[​IMG]

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Leia kinda looks like Joe Torre :p

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How could Sulu not be the catcher

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Why would Sulu bat from both sides? He's a lefty.

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Interesting lists of the teams and their affiliates.

Of course, I seem to remember the Star Wars affiliates league had a franchise in Alderaan, but it was abruptly contracted for some reason.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I got a tip that the Tatooine team's front-office group is involved in some unsavory things ... drugs, guns, slave labor. Anybody else heard something similar?

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Billy Beane just traded a pre-Carbonite era Han Solo for Admiral Piett, two Sand People in the Tatooine system and that boxy looking droid from Star Wars inexplicably included in every child of the late 70s/early 80s action figure collection because it has "potential". Solo's contract was up next year.

Beane is also known for his love of utility Star Wars player Aunt Buru. It's statistically likely that a lineup of nine Aunt Buru's would kick some serious sabermetric ass.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And at this very moment, Star Wars is on Spike and an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation is running on Sci-Fi (Screw that Syfy crap).

Draft saved Draft deleted