1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star Wars Marathon: What order to watch them...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Feb 9, 2007.

?

I'm going to have a Star Wars marathon but don't know where to start.

1. Episode IV, then V, VI, then back to I, II, III

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Episodes I, II, III, then IV, V, VI

18 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Get a life loser

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  4. I'd rather pull certified hot 19-35 chicks

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Watch III, IV, V, VI.

I and II are completely superfluous wheel-spinning and diversionary crap such as Jar Jar.

If you're really bent on watching all six episodes, do it in chronological order -- just don't bother paying much attention until ROTS gets under way.

Sportschick's plan is a good option: takes you up to the edge of the cliffhanger, then all the way back to the beginning - then you fast-forward all the way up to the conclusion.

But it's quite a letdown to go from "The Empire Strikes Back," by majority opinion if not consensus the best movie in the series, all the way to "Phantom Menace," by virtual acclamation by far the WORST movie in the bunch.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It would be neat to condense the whole six-episode schmear to a 3-hour DVD, cut out the superfluous stuff, hit the high notes and tell the story from I to VI.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Spoiler alert:
    Bruce Willis is dead the whole time.

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Go I-VI, but I don't think I could watch "Phantom Menace" again. That really is one of the worst movies of all time.

5. I don't know how I can be such a geek considering I've never bought any of these movies (thought my stepfather gave me his second copy of I), but I have a few things to add.
    First, I've heard debates about how you would introduce someone to this series, and I think the best way to go is IV, V (I am your father is a shock), I, II, III, VI. It makes I-III a flashback and then finishes with the actual conclusion of VI (which is an overrated movie).
    Everyone dogs I, and it's easy to see why (mostly Jar-Jar and young Anakin), but the consensus now seems to be that I is better than II. If you are just remembering how you felt about them at the time, go back and rewatch them and tell me I isn't better than II. I'll bet you've changed your mind.
    Personally, I think III, IV and VI are all great. The other three are all average, but you have to have them to set up/finish the story, and you really will see a lot of the patterns Lucas put in there if you pay attention to the films. That makes them all better.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You're kicked out of the Star Wars geek club for saying Empire is average!

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Spolier alert:
    Donald Sutherland is one of them.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Spoiler alert: She's trying to seduce him.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Don't watch the movies, AlleyAllen. Just hold me. Like you did by the lake on Naboo.

Spoiler Alert: It's Gweneth Paltrow's head in the box!

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Spoiler alert: The Mighty Oz is really some meek dude.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

ATTACK OF THE CLONES HAS THE BEST DIALOG EVER!!!!! GEORGE LUCAS IS FUCKING SHAKESPEARE! DON'T DENY IT, HATERS!!!!!

I offer these two scenes as evidence. PART II is da bomb!!!

Padme: It's because I'm so in love

Anakin: No it's because I'm so in love with you.

Padme: So love has blinded you.

Anakin: Don't be afraid.

Padme: I'm not afraid to die. I've been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life.

Anakin: What are you talking about?

Padme: I love you.

Anakin: You love me? I thought we had decided not to fall in love. That we'd be forced to live a lie and that it would destroy our lives.

Padme: I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway. I truly... deeply... love you and before we die I want you to know.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Spoiler Alert: Marky Mark shoots Matt Damon in the final scene, then a rat scampers across the balcony railing.

Draft saved Draft deleted