1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star Wars in Concert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 14, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

http://www.starwarsinconcert.com/

I am sure the Star Wars haters will be out in force over this one. I still like the first two movies but believe the franchise was ruined by Return of the Jedi, and the newest trilogy was as bad as that Browns/Bills game last week. Yet this looks strangely compelling. I am going to come down on the side of thumbs up for this.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Saw the Alabama Symphony Orchestra perform a similar set a few years ago, albeit without the hi-def screens and movie props (though some of the musicians were in costume). It was entertaining, especially since it was at an outdoor amphitheater and I was loaded.

3. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

My 5 year old and 3 year old nephew are bat shit crazy about Star Wars right now. It amuses me because their father (my brother) was bat shit crazy about Star Wars 30 some odd years ago.

I believe their Halloween costumes are Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker.

I'm hoping to score some tickets to this show for them.

4. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

How appropriate is it that the D/FW stop of the Star Wars in Concert tour is at Jerry's Death Star?

Ticket sales must be ho-hum. Type in FRIENDS in the "Discount Offer" box at Ticketmaster.com to receive 50% off select seats to the October 23 performance in Arlington, TX. It might very well work for some of the other cities as well.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Boycotting until it features a REAL Star Wars concert.
    [​IMG]

6. dieditor

dieditor Member

If you come down on the "thumbs-up" side you'll enjoy it. I went a couple weeks ago in Anaheim with a buddy, a confirmed "fanboy looser," and his fiancee, a confirmed symphony lover. It was pretty impressive, and kind of a unique way to see Star Wars, all chopped up into a more character-based story that didn't really follow the order of the movies.

One thing: I'd recommend this concert in one of the the theatre venues as opposed to an arena. At Honda Center the orchestra echoed something awful. But still worth checking out. Oh, and the amount of virginal adults dressed as Star Wars characters was minimal -- a pleasant surprise. It's more of a symphony crowd.

7. That's good work by you.

As a huge fan of the Star Wars films and also classical/symphonic music, especially John Williams' scores ... well, you can probably guess.

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Don't forget these guys!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Sadly, Bea Arthur is no longer with us so
    will not be recreated during the concert.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

What about this?

http://tinyurl.com/ybn5tsv

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

You want a spoiler? Here's a spoiler. You will die alone.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

"Burger King, where all dragon masters eat."

Draft saved Draft deleted