1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star Wars Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D.Sanchez, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Revenge of the Sith was very good, I thought. The other two? Meh ...

3. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

[​IMG]

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not sure if Lucas' Episode VII will have that, but this one might:

[​IMG]

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So Miley Cyrus as Princess Leia?

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Seriously, anything that gets any potential sequel out of Lucas' hands -- as a screenwriter and a director -- is a bonus. The prequels are truly pieces of shit, but you could still tell a good story there with a great screenplay and someone behind the camera who wasn't a lazy hack.

7. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Or . . .

Someone could come up with an original idea?

If we rail against all the remakes and sequels that populate today's cinema, I mean.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It won't be Han Shot First. It won't be Greedo Shot First. It will be Buzz Lightyear shooting first.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The Star Trek franchise got better when Abrams took over. Wasn't perfect, but it was worth my time. It can happen to Star Wars too. I'm all for original ideas, but if we're going to recycle them, why not have smart people breathe new life into them instead of lazy billionaires? Lord knows I have bitched about Damon Lindeloff on this message board for the way he fucked up the ending of LOST, but I'd absolutely see a Star Wars that he had a hand in. Ronald Moore too. Hell, give it to Joss Whedon and I'll invest in the thing.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

There needs to be a running Star Wars thread, and it can hang out with its best friend the running pro wrestling thread.

11. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

All of those people would be fine.

Star Trek has always been hit or miss, largely because multiple people had a hand in it. Star Wars was Lucas' baby, for better or worse. Time for something new.

12. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Please. Completely different subsets.

Well, maybe not. But you know what I mean.

Draft saved Draft deleted