1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star Wars alert

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Original trilogy airing on Spike right now. Star Wars just started ...

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They had the prequels on last night. As annoying as they are, I still found myself watching pieces here and there.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Still think "Revenge of the Sith" was pretty daman good.

4. outofplace

It was, and I thought it was by far the best of the prequel trilogy. I don't hate any of those movies like some Star Wars fans do, but certain things about them do annoy the crap out of me.

5. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I remember they used to air the original trilogy every Thanksgiving Day for a couple of years in a row. Watched all three every time. Whenever they are on, I still try to watch all of them. Watched bits and pieces of the prequels last night. The first two are decent, but the Revenge of the Sith is good. I forgot they were showing the original trilogy today until I saw this thread. Now I am watching it.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Lucas could have boiled "Phantom Menace" and "AOTC" into one fairly good movie, maybe used a dual-timeline storyline like "Godfather II." Throw out about 60 minutes of Jar-Jar bullshit out of TPM and some of the clone-planet crap out of AOTC, stitch them together, and you'd have an OK movie, which would actually lead in to "Sith," and make the whole deal make a lot more sense.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I don't hate any of them, but the dialogue between Padme and Anakin while they're falling in love is some of the worst dialogue ever written (and I won't get into how there's no chemistry between the actors either).

8. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I think it would be even more of a shock if Spike wasn't showing Star Wars.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But, but, you need that Jar-Jar bullshit. Otherwise, how are you going to sell all those toys to the kiddies?

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Given that Jar-Jar led to Gollum and now Avatar, I've long been OK with his existence.

11. outofplace

The originals are running again tonight. Flipped by while relaxing with little OOP, who has decided she wants to see them all again this weekend. ;D

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

But if he boiled Phantom and Clones down into one movie he wouldn't have had enough material for a prequel triology and would have only had two movies to make money off of instead of three. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted