1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star Wars: 3D

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pilot, Sep 29, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

See, that is the problem I have with most of the criticism of the prequels. It wasn't about the movies as much as it was about the expectations and the way some people didn't like some story choices.

Don't get me wrong. I could go on for pages about problems I had with all three prequels, starting with Jar-Jar and Midichlorians and ending with, well, the ending. (Seriously, after that amazing fight, Obi-Wan gets the high ground and that's it? I understand wanting to show Anakin's arrogance being his undoing, but damn that was dumb. And what was with Padme just losing the will to live? Fucking stupid. Have her be injuried or overly stressed by the situation, not some spiritual crap.)

Oh yeah....and....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But the truth is, for the most part, I was entertained while watching those movies. Certainly more than I was entertained by Battlefield Earth. I'm not including Love Guru because you couldn't pay me enough to give that steaming pile a chance.

There is no way they were going to live up the original trilogy. No chance at all. Not to people who loved them like we did. They key was to put the expectations aside and just watch the movies.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Without the expectations, the latter three Star Wars movies are just horrendously bad movies.
    My love for the original three just changed my reaction to the second set of movies from insulted to angry.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I certainly don't think so. But the first trilogy (first two actually) were able to overcome it. The second trilogy couldn't come close to doing that.

Draft saved Draft deleted