1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star Wars: 3D

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pilot, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Computer analyze each frame to determine depth.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Who goes to a Star Wars movie to hear a great script?

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You don't expect it to be great, but it doesn't have to be God awful either.

The first two and to a lesser extent, Jedi succeed despite the script. For the prequels it was too much to overcome. Only George Lucas can take a cast of some of the best actors working and make them look like idiots.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

My wife and I won't see it. We both can't see 3D due to poor depth perception.

5. Mizzougrad96

I can see 3D, but it gives me the worst migraine you can imagine.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm always stunned to find that people think any of the Star Wars movies had good writing.

7. Mizzougrad96

Does anybody think that?

I read a story just before Episode I came out where Lucas had given the script to Ron Howard who read it and said it really needed to be punched up and he recommended the guy who does it for his movies.

Lucas contacted the guy, who said he'd be honored to do it and that he gets $500K to do it. That was his standard rate. I guess this guy had punched up Apollo 13 and a couple other Howard movies. Lucas asked him to work for scale and the honor of being associated with Star Wars. Keep in mind, most of the guys who punch up scripts NEVER get a writing credit. The guy told Lucas to fuck off.

The result was the most disappointing film of most of our lifetimes.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'll be there for all of them.

9. Mizzougrad96

I'd rather watch Battlefield Earth followed by The Love Guru than sit through any of the prequels.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I always thought something was wrong with you. I know they were disappointing, but damn.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I was pretty happy with Ep. 3.

12. Mizzougrad96

At least Battlefield Earth and The Love Guru didn't shit on my favorite movies as a kid.

Draft saved Draft deleted