1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star Wars: 3D

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pilot, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Pilot

Pilot Active Member

All the standard DB disclaimers. It's yesterday's news, but I haven't seen anything here yet.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/09/29/star-wars-release-coming-soon-theater-near/

It all depends on the kind of quality they can come up with here, but I have some serious doubts. It could be really cool, I guess, and Lucas will probably do it as "right" as it can be done.

It was clear long, long ago that fans hold these movies in an entirely different light that George Lucas does.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

1. How will they do it since the movies weren't filmed in 3D in the first place?

2. Shouldn't he make the second trilogy two dimensional with some better writing before trying for 3D?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

1. Excellent question.

2. Not possible as long as Lucas insists on doing the writing himself.

They only appeal for me is that they will be including deleted scenes from all three movies in the original trilogy. Still not going to be enough for me to want to buy this crap.

4. Pilot

Pilot Active Member

It COULD be neat. The pod race from Ep. 1 could be sweet in 3D. The final scenes of Ep. 4, racing through the trench, could be neat in 3D.

But it could be mostly meaningless and often distracting.

5. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I saw that this morning. It will be an expensive summer for me. Not a huge fan of the prequel trilogy, but there's no way I'm not going to see all of them.

6. Pilot

Pilot Active Member

I read it as one a year for six years, starting in 2012, right?

It would be pretty cool if they packed them all in like 12 weeks.

7. lesboulez

lesboulez Member

this feels a lot like when ted turner got out his crayons to colorize movies...

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll take my kids to see the first two and then tell them that George Lucas died tragically shortly after Empire came out.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Please stop sodomizing my childhood memories.

10. Mizzougrad96

I would actually laugh if Lucas released them every three weeks or so like he did in 1997 and hijacked an entire summer.

What a greedy bastard.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

Lucas has actually turned me off to Star Wars completely. Didn't think that was possible.

What an asshole.

12. Mizzougrad96

I like the Patton Oswalt joke where he's talking politics and he says, "If I had a time machine, I would go back to 1998 (everybody thinks he's going to say something about George Bush) and beat George Lucas to death with a shovel.

Draft saved Draft deleted