1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star Tribune Owners Could Profit from New Vikings Stadium

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Hope this isn't a DB:

Part of the land the Vikings could be looking to acquire includes the location of the Star Trib office.

Be interesting to see how the paper covers the stadium story.

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1130047.html

Key graph:

A key piece would be the five blocks near the Metrodome owned by the Star Tribune, valued last year for tax purposes at $21 million. Wilf has spent months negotiating such a purchase, said OhSang Kwon, one of the owners of Avista Capital Partners, the newspaper's owner. Kwon said Avista is not necessarily inclined to sell all five blocks and prefers not to sell the block on Portland Avenue S. where the newspaper's main offices are located. He said he does not want to disrupt the daily flow of producing the newspaper.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh sure. Just pile on the Strib this week.... profiteering, publishers, computers... next thing you know Sid will quit ...

hey...

3. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

The Strib may have been involved in the land deal for the Metrodome. I can't remember the details, but I believe the Cowles family was involved. Maybe I'm wrong, so grain of salt.

Anyone else remember that?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Didn't El Sid have a share in the land down there too?

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

It seems to me that the answer to both questions is yes, but I don't remember the details.

And for this St. Paul girl, piling on the Strib is always a good thing! ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted