1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Star Trek Voyager marathon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Riddick, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Holy Shit! I knew there was a reason I watched Enterprise for so long.........Jolene Blalock. But not even she could keep me watching that piece o shit.

2. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

I can't believe I know this, and even more so I can't believe I'm saying this on a public forum, but, with all due respect ...

In Star Trek: The Animated Series, which I can still remember getting up early on Saturday mornings to watch, there was an episode called "The Counter-Clock Incident," in which a gentleman by the name of Robert April was identified as the first captain of the Enterprise-A.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_April

(Begin denouncing me as a Star Trek geek now -- although I'm only a geek for the original and animated series. There are plenty episodes of the subsequent manifestations which I have not seen ...)

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You grok Spock.

4. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I love Voyager. I have the theme song on my computer. It's the only ST series I watched all the way through.

Please don't let anyone in Austin find out what a colossal geek I am.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Just to keep the geekiness alive. Many hardcore Star Trek fans say the animated series is the equal, if not better than the original. Why?
    I'm glad you asked.
    A strike kept the writers away from broadcast TV, but the strike didn't include animation and all the original writers wrote for the cartoon.

6. Out: Do not be scared, my brother. Embrace your inner Trekker. If you do, you will live long and prosper.

Colonel: Watched the same animated series. It was great and you are wrong.

Anyone who believes that Voyager was boring needs to seek medical attention. You have been sniffing too much glue.

Also, the single best, by far, Star Trek episode ever was on Enterprise. It was the alternate reality one where the evil Enterprise crew steal the U.S.S. Defiant and then use it to put down a rebellion. Brialliant.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Interesting note:
    Sci-Fi network is remaking 'The Prisoner' series.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Ranking the series...
    1. Next Generation. The series that brought me into the Star Trek loop. The first couple of season dragged, but once they got rid of Tasha Yar and Riker grew the beard the series started to pick up (contrary to what Q said).

2. The original. Had some trouble getting into it, but it had some really good episodes.

3. Voyager. Missed most of the pilot, started watching with the second or third episode and got hooked. Neverending possibilities for plotlines in the Delta quadrant, until they started overdoing it with the Borg.

4. Deep Space Nine. Got bored partway through Season One (or was it Two?) as all they did was stay on the station, so I lost interest and stopped watching. By the time they brought Worf back and got into a war with the Dominion things got too confusing (I remembered something about the spirits from the first season and how they may or may not have had something to do with the dominion) so I couldn't get back into it.

5. Enterprise. Got bored with it after only a couple of episodes. It just didn't measure up to the other series.

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'll do ya one better Colonel Angus.

I have most of the animated series on VHS -- taped off the Sci Fi channel several years ago. :-\

Yes, I'm a Star Trek geek.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Boy, is that not a good idea.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

1. Deep Space 91
    2. Next Generation
    3. Original series
    4. Voyager, for the crime of keeping the Kazon as villains for far longer than good sense called for.
    5. Enterprise

1But with the important note that DS9 didn't happen until Paramount saw a script treatment for Babylon 5, which it thereupon allowed Rick Berman to steal.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Sci Fi, despite its justly-deserved reputation for making suckass horror movies to fill out the schedule, has done such a standout job with Battlestar Galactica that I'm willing to give its version of The Prisoner a chance.

Draft saved Draft deleted