1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Jesus, now it's 2-0 ...

2. Flash

Flash Guest

That was terrible coverage in the defensive zone by Colorado. Nice play by Arnott, though ...

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I did not blame the refs for the loss - I did after all point out some of the chincy calls going against the Redwings. And pPeca getting hauled down was a penalty because he got hauled down going towards the net. negating a scoring chance. Him gett his face smashed into the post was just a result of getting hauled down and aa little salt on the wound. My point was that the refs are to busy looking for the little things that they are missing obvious things.

I clearly blamed the loss on the oilers playing like shit. They did not deserve to be in that game.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

This is clearly a four-and-out series. Edmonton does not have what it takes to compete against the Red Wings. Maybe next year ...

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

You're wrong on that one. Roli showed they are going to get goaltending. The Oilers just caame out flat. a mistake they made happened in the laast game ofthe regular season when they rested seven of their top players which gave them a full week off. They weren't shapr at all, they came out flat and never did get into the game, However, thta being said it was just one game, there wll be six more.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Nah, the Wings are too damn good.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Well, hell, I stop paying attention and it's 3-2 Colorado.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

You're just worried that the Flames will be out in 6. Sure they have amazing goaltending, but they can't score

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Enough goals to win last night! Flames can handle any team in the Western Conference, if they feel like it.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

If it wasn't for Kipper they wouldn't even be in the playoffs.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

You non-believers keep up with that logic if it helps you sleep tonight. We have him. You don't. Nyah nyah nyah.

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

The OLN coverage was brutal last night......my city's local access tv channel has better graphics!  And the "set" may be worse....Kramers living looked more modern.  

And then there's Brian Engblom and his mullet, I can't believe he still sports that thing.  

Draft saved Draft deleted