1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

First two periods of that Sens game were pretty stressful up here. They're exactly the kind of team that, were they to have lost tonight, they probably lose that series. Now they'll sweep.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Still here, was at a buddy's getting drunk off my ass. My thoughts on the game.

-The refs fucking sucked the big one. Too busy looking for the little diddly shit (the interference penalty on Yzerman for example) that they missed several blatant penalties (The knee by, fuck can't remember who on Hemsky in the middle of centre ice and Peca getting hauled down while breaking toward the net and getting his face rammed into the post)
    - The Oilers as a whole licked donky balls. Killed on the shot clock and I have to believe in time of possession. If they played with the kind of determination they did in the many Dallas series this would be no contest. The week off for some of the their stars hurt, I think. They definitely weren't sharp or had any jump.
    - The thing about Roloson. He played phenominal for 80 minutes or so, and lets in a weak one. Killed him all season, even when he was playing good he would always let in a weak goal. But still it shouldn't have gotten to that point if he had half a team playing in front of him. Piss-fucking-poor.
    - Fucking Maltby.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Hey, Sather drafted him and then let him get away. Fact.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He might be bankrupt, but Darren McCarty was money in the bank for the Flames...

5. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

When did Calgary turn into the Devils?

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sorry, should have qualified that statement.

Grahame WAS good but there's no way you don't stop that short side goal by Spezza. Shades of Patrick Lalime.

7. Who Knows

Who Knows Member

Typical loser fanboy. Let's blame the refs. Yes, the refs weren't great, but there were just as many missed calls on both teams.

And Peca did not get his face rammed into the post. Two players skating together, both fall down and Peca is in the unfortunate position to collide with the post.

And I'm not a fan of either team. Just watched because it was hockey.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Isn't Sutter hockey great? And by great, I mean boring as hell.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Devs up 1-0, Elias PP goal four minutes in ....
    Let the sweep begin!

11. Flash

Flash Guest

The Devils are simply the most dangerous team in the playoffs.

12. Simon

Simon Active Member

Dallas just scored to go up 1-0 but the Avalanche have been dominating the play. Stars didn't get the first shot on goal until about seven minutes had gone by in the period.

Draft saved Draft deleted