1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Apr 19, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Roloson stood on his head for most of the game but based on the replay, I thought he should have had the Maltby goal.

Someone please call Beef and talk him down from the ledge.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'm confused now. Ducks-Flames are in 1st intermission, I get it, but OLN suddenly switched to a random Pens-Flyers game that is midway through the second period. I can't tell if this is the 5-OT game or what? Garth Snow is in net for Philly. Jagr and Mario are playing for Pittsburgh. This MUST be the 5-OT game.

I'm on the West Coast, so I'm getting Ducks-Flames on FSN, too. So maybe this is the blackout option for OLN? But why are they showing this midway through? And are they showing this everywhere? WTF? Very weird. But hell, I'll still watch it during commercial breaks.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

What a save by Kipper.

OLN is carrying CBC's Ducks-Flames broadcast. The big news is no Giggy for Formerly Team Disney.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I was just going to post that... I can't begin to say how happy I am

Who's doing color with Don Whitman?

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Calgary is doing a phenomenal job finishing its checks. The only drawback to this game was the little slapfest between Jamie Lundmark and Joffrey Lupul. Jesus Christ, boys, if you're gonna fight, fight! Drop the gloves, take off the helmets and visors and throw. Instead, we got two guys slow dancing for 25 seconds and a two jabs to Lupul's chin.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Which one, JR? The first or the second?

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sorry, the OT goal. I didn't see a deflection. I looked like five hole all the way

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I was not sure if Maltby was taking a shot off the half boards or was throwing a pass in front. Either way, it worked out well for him.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Andy Murray is the color commentator.

Crap-on-a-cracker, this half-assed bumpkin network lost the goddamn feed again! The NHL on OLN, when you really don't want to watch the game...

10. Who Knows

Who Knows Member

Look again.

He's talking about Rem Murray's stick.

"Our coaching staff has been harping on us to get the puck on the net because you never know what can happen," Maltby said. "My shot just clipped his stick, and more times than not, those are the kind of goals that win in OT."

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Calgary beats the Ducks in OT.

Darren McCarty scores the winner.

12. soccer dad

soccer dad Guest

gotta disagree with you, jr. i thought grahame was really good. check out the ice-time numbers for tampa bays 4th line. no time at all. after two periods, vincent lecavalier led all players with 16:11. lightning arent deep enough to win.

Draft saved Draft deleted