1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Apr 19, 2006.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Jack "Mine eyes have seen the glory!" Edwards is the PBP man for tonight's Oilers-Wings game on OLN...

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

now if i only had oln

haven't gotten to see much hockey this year. sucks. i like hockey, but only get to see the local squad, which isn't playing any longer, which tells you how much fun they were to watch.

suck

and i love playoff hockey. no dice.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm not saying he used a lot of gel, but a puck hit his hair and the frozen vulcanized rubber disc shattered...

1-1 as Sergei Samsanov potted a power play goal for the Oilers. Just under eight minutes remaining in the first.

4. Geez, just when Edmonton was mounting a rush, somebody caught a really big fish in Mississippi and the NHL's broadcast partner had to go live to the press conference.
    Damn, I hate when that happens

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Really? Here, I got a live presser after someone shot a deer...

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Just be glad they didn't break in to show Lance clipping his toenails.

Speaking of cycling, here's a line from today's Tour de Georgia story that sums up my lack of respect for the sport.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Brian Engblom's mullet has to be the ninth wonder of the world.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Final minute of regulation and OLN goes (briefly) dark. Somebody didn't feed the hamster in the production truck.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's some network... ::)

Game one of Oilers-Wings just went into OT. At times like these (and others), I miss Hockey_Goon... :'(

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ottawa beat the Lightning 4-1.
    Grahame was, uh, not so good.

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Through one OT in Detroit, the Red Wings have amassed 54 shots on goal v. Edmonton's 25. The Oilers have also blocked 35 shots.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Another reason to hate the Red Wings:

They get a goal to win in doubleOT and then immediately begin blasting over the loudspeakers ... Who Let the effing Dogs Out.

Draft saved Draft deleted