1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stanley Cup Final(s): Ottawa-Anaheim

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, May 28, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Lord Stanley on Leno

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I would be very surprised if Souray signed with anybody outside of California so he can be near his kid. Phoenix maybe. But that would be it. If he signed long term with the Canadiens it would include a no-trade clause and then he could control where he goes from there and I highly doubt he would OK a trade to the Lightning. Beyond that, Lacavalier I am sure is an untouchable. Richards or St. Louis are likely the ones to be moved and it will likely be one or the other, but not both.

Meanwhile, along the same thread. Rumours persist that Kevin Lowe is on the verge of pulling off a blockbuster with the three big names possibly going to Edmonton - one not all three - being Patrick Marleau, Ollie Jokinen, or Brad Richards. Who would Edmonton be giving up, take your pick of prospects (meaning anyone off their roster considering that's where all of their prospects ended up at the end of the season) plus don't forget they have five first round picks in the next two seasons, plus a hand full of second and third rounders. If it's not one of those big three it could be someone else, but those three are the most common names that come up. I would expect something to be done before or during the draft. Lowe keeps promising something big and in his acquiring of the gap-toothed douchenozzle after the lockout he has shown he is not shy of pulling the trigger.

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

JR, that is a great photo and considering his son was born right at the start of the playoffs and the medical concern the baby was faced with, what a nice way to end of the Cup finals.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Just took a moment to glance at the AP photo gallery from the Ducks' Cup celebration on Saturday night.

I can only hope that anyone using photos from it noticed that Rob Niedermayer was identified as Scott in one photo and that Scott won the CONN Smythe Trophy, not the CON Smythe Trophy.

5. Claws for Concern

Story I saw estimated 15,000 showed up for the celebration.

6. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

That is a nice photo, definitely. It really concerns me with the confetti though. All it takes is one skate to get caught on that stuff and you could have a major injury on your hands.

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, the confetti might actually have improved the ice.

8. Claws for Concern

Ducks just signed two-year contract extensions with both Moen and Parros through the 2008-09 season

Draft saved Draft deleted