1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stanley Cup Final(s): Ottawa-Anaheim

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, May 28, 2007.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

[​IMG]

It seems like just weeks ago ...

Well, whatever the hell we're calling it (FWIW, the official pucks from last year read Stanley Cup Final), it begins tonight. No-longer-gutless Ottawa, pre-postseason pick of our good friend EF, against Anaheim. No truth to the rumor that Chris Pronger is already plotting his exit strategy from California.

This does get its own thread, right?

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I'll be there for Game 1. I can't wait.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

If you love hockey and have the chance, you MUST get to a Stanley Cup Finals game. Wife and I made it to Games 1, 5 and 7 last year and it was an experience we'll treasure for the rest of our lives. And neither of our teams were even in the series, though we get to lots of Hurricanes games and had more than your average rooting interest.

BTW, buy extra tickets if you can. We ended up going to all those games and still made money in the process.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Thanks for the photo. Brings back great memories.

I don't care what they call it. If it's more than one game, which it is, then it's the finals.

If you went by what sports entities call things, then we'd have to type the NEXTEL Cup instead of the Nextel Cup.

Martin Gerber always gets a great seat for the finals. He's back for the third time in the last four finals. One of these days, he'll actually see the ice for a game.

5. Claws for Concern

Will be my second SCF game. I attended the Ducks-Devils Game 4 when Steve Thomas scored quickly in OT after a scoreless three periods. I was crushed as I am a Devils fan from way back. I wish I'd been able to see Game 7 in person, in N.J., that year.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

FWIW, I'm saying Sens in 6.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Bastard. :)

BTW, tickets for standing room in Ottawa cost $130.00

8. Claws for Concern

I tried like crazy to get SCF tickets on Ticketmaster when the Ducks released some on Saturday, but to no avail. I was looking for tickets for Game 5 or 7. I'm happy to see Game 1 because it'll set a tone for the whole series since Ottawa has won each of its series this postseason in 5 games.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

That's it? I know they were getting a few hundred at least last year in Edmonton.

BTW – Mustardbased, you're dead to me

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That was the box office price.

I bet if it goes to a game six, people'll get $500.00 easily.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Believe me: I've got plenty of photos you'd hate me even more for. I thought I was being generous using the handshake shot.

FWIW, my favorite sign of the Final(s) last year was one with a giant photo of Bush with a quote bubble that said: "America is addicted to OIL." With oil in blue and all the other letters in black.

And my guess is that you guys are still guessing way low on the price SROs will draw in Canada.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Give me a price for a Game Six SRO in Ottawa.

Draft saved Draft deleted