1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stan Van sez: Howard wants me fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Apr 5, 2012.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

2. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

I wish I would never have to hear anything about the Magic. Just a soap opera all the time.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The who?

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Judas Howard, are you betraying the Brother of Jeff with a hug?

5. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Can't stand the disrespect being thrown the way of Stan Van Gundy, one of the top coaches in the league. He's handled it very well, though. A lot better than I would. Good luck playing for a chump of a coach next year, Dwight. Idiot.

Here's the video, by the way:

6. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

At this point I think Stan's just tired of dealing with everything and is actively trying to get fired so that Orlando has to pay out the remainder of his deal. He'll get another head coaching job when he wants, because he's still one of the better coaches in the league. The Clippers immediately become about 4-5 wins better if they replace Del Negro with him.

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Adrain Wojnarowski's story (which, unsurprisingly, was really good) indicated that Van Gundy told his players he was getting fired after the season.

Basically, he told them: "You're getting your wish. So let's try to win, anyways."

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Has anyone ever obliterated a good guy rep as thoroughly as Howard? At this point the only way to top himself is to take the wheel of Tiger's Escalade.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Whenever Stan does get the axe from coaching for good, he's going to make a great TV guy.

10. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

I would assume that ESPN already has the contract drawn up to pair him with his brother and is just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I always thought there was something phony about him.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Crazy good debate on TNT during Magic/Knicks halftime, Barkley and Smith and Shaq going at it over how this should have been handled. Gotta love Barkley using 'scumbag' and 'punkass' in the same sentence (referring to whomever told SVG what Howard allegedly said).

Draft saved Draft deleted