1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stallone, Willis and the Governator together?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I don't know if it is still No. 1, but Rambo III once held the record for most people killed on screen. You know Rambo III, the one where he goes to Afghanistan to help the Taliban fight the Russians ...

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

From the trailers it seems Schwarzenegger's part in "The Expendables" is a cameo. They show a clip where he tells whoever is hiring the band of mercs to "let his friend take this one," as he points to Stallone, and then walks out.

And speaking of Stallone, it seems like he's spent the last half-decade putting his 80s franchises to bed. "Rocky Balboa" put as nice a cap on the Rocky saga as you could hope for, and the last Rambo movie kind of dealt with an old, aging character too.
    Not saying Stallone doesn't want a fat paycheck for another installment, but it does seem like he has a good sense of when to send a character into the sunset.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out how this sequence of letters didn't blow up the interwebs. :D

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't imagine Arnold had a lot of free time to shoot a movie, being governor of a bankrupt state and all ...

5. I think I'll watch. I saw an ad today and it looked like some stupid fun.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Apparently Willis and Arnold only make brief cameos.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Looks like good summer fun. Good thing the movie industry does not test for PEDs or a good deal of the cast would be suspended.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How about 75 percent of all male actors?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

At least Bronson could still believably play a vigilante with a death wish. But a short little 65-year-old fake-haired plastic-faced geezer continuing to play a heavyweight boxer....? Good god.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

...who was portrayed as a 50-something year-old boxer? It's not like they were trying to hide the fact Stallone looked old in "Rocky Balboa." Hell, it was integral to the story.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Steroids are his plastic suit. Shit, I'm guessing all of them drug up for the muscles.

Draft saved Draft deleted