1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stallone, Willis and the Governator together?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Oct 26, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm surprised I hadn't heard of this sooner. Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger will all appear in The Expendables, which is due for an Aug. 2010 release. I know that all three are past their primes, but it is still interesting just based on the names involved.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1320253/

It looks like Stallone is the star of this one with Willis and The Governator in smaller roles. Interesting cast also includes Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Eric Roberts, Steve Austin and Mickey Rourke. Could be fun, in a mindless, ridiculously violent, blowing-shit-up kind of way.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Is it a remake of Cocoon?

3. outofplace

Well played.

The sad part is Stallone is supposedly going to follow this with Rambo V and Rocky VII.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Christ, he's getting to be Charles Bronson-esque with pounding those franchises into the ground.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

He lapped Bronson a long time ago.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Have you read the synopsis for Rambo V? It reads like a big o' pile of fail.

7. outofplace

Yeah, I saw that, too. I guess for Rocky 7, he's going to fight a 10-foot giant from Alpha Centauri for the Heavyweight Championship of the Universe.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Be honest. You wrote that yourself as a parody, didn't you?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

STFU, that's not real. Tell me that's not real. Please, sweet Tebow in the sky, tell me that's not real. I'll never watch First Blood again if this is real.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Uh oh, from the aint it cool news super nerds.

11. outofplace

I even saw a quote somewhere today from Stallone responding to critics of the idea, saying that he doesn't want to keep doing the same thing over and over, which is pretty damn funny.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Shit, why not have Rambo face a Terminator? Or a Predator? Or Freddy, Jason and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre family? Or zombies?

Draft saved Draft deleted