1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stalker help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KG, Jun 11, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I agree, Can, I was just curious.

2. In Exile

In Exile Member

Restraining order. ASAP. Nothing else will work, and soon she will find someone else to focus on. Often just the threat is enough.

I had two stalkers, one a complete stranger, another a co-worker, nominally in my employ. The first, oddly enough I learned later, had previously stalked an acquaintance of mine who also works in this field. Fortunately, as I began the restraining order process I was able to have her banned from where I work, and she disappeared. She was certifiable, and accused me of living beneath her stairs.

The second was a woman where I worked. A passive aggressive stalker who would just... be there, wherever I was, walking on the opposite side of the street, in the the movie theater, etc.

As soon as I told her I was going to get a retraining order, that was it. Gone. Quit the job and left. Now she's an attorney.

And wait, I forgot one. A member of our tribe, who was angry about what she perceived as an omission in a project I worked on, a name everyone here would recognize. She just flat-out harassed me for something I had absolutely no control over... e-mails, phone calls, messages etc., no explanation was enough, every call crazier and nuttier and more insane. I told her that if she ever contacted me one more time, ever, about anything, it was restraining order time, then I blocked her e-mails, and got an unlisted number.

End of story.

3. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

1.) Yes, like everyone else said, restraining order is a must.
    2.) If you have call block, email block, and can give pictures to PR guys (who could send to security guards), that may help.
    3.) If you know of a girlfriend of hers you can trust, tell her the story and see if she can have a sitdown with her and let her know she needs to knock the nutty shit off.

Just tossing out ideas. I've had 3 stalkers myself. Hang in there...

4. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Now THAT is funny.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Outing alert: In Exile writes for Page Six.

6. NDub

NDub Guest

KG,

I had a stalker a few years back. Creepy shit. She tried to run me over a few times but later on those same days I'd hear from co-workers (some of her friends) about pictures and love poems of me plastered all over her walls. Bitch was nuts.

I talked to the cops and had co-workers and friends provide statements about some of the wacky shit they witnessed. I'd bet the cops will ask you and others for statements, just to further their investigation.

She used to drive by my house literally hundreds of times a day. She'd honk at all hours of the day and night, too. Swear to god when I tell ya' this: After a while, I busted out the BB gun and shot at her car from the bushes or my window ala Oswald. I couldn't take it anymore because there wasn't enough evidence for a restraining order, so I took matters into my own hands.

The cops had to actually witness some of her wacky antics or I'd have to be physically harmed by her (though I damn near was when she tried to run me over and also run my car off the road).

Eventually the c.unt just stopped. From what I hear, she had the police after her for lots of shit and she fled the state.

Good luck to you, KG. I totally sympathize.

7. joe

joe Active Member

12-gauge. Problem solved.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

How helpful to the cause.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

C'mon, shotty. Someone had to say it. Joe has no history of douchebaggery.

Draft saved Draft deleted