1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stalker help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KG, Jun 11, 2007.

1. KG

KG Active Member

Ok the whole thing is a really long story so I'll just give you the short version.

I have this stalker. She's fucking crazy. She's delusional to the point that she's dreamt up this fantasy life and career that she seems to think she has when in fact she does not. What's even crazier is she thinks nothing I do exists. She even got busted trying to get credentials, saying she worked for one of the sites I write for.

She runs her mouth to everyone, even finds out who I talk to and tries to get in touch with them to trash talk me. And the things she says are just so bizare. Like she tries to tell them I don't work for the people I work for, even though it can be the same day I have the top story on the website or with the paper.

Like I said, she's crazy.

She has even threatened my employers that she'll take them to court and drag their name through the mud if they don't get rid of me. Yep, she sure did. She even told one of them she's suing me for lying about who I work for.

I know, crazy.

There's tons more, but I don't have time to tell it all. I've asked her several times to just go away but it hasn't worked. I did have five days of silence, but that was about it.

This past weekend, on Saturday, she sat and stared me down in Nashville. It's creeping me out because of how wacko she's already pr oven to be. I was thinking, 'ok, fine, she has the fan pass for before the race. I'll just freeze to death in the media center until time for the race and should be in the clear the rest of the night.'

Well at the end of the race I went outside because I love to watch Edwards do his flip and see how pretty much everyone in the stands goes wild. I just think that's cool. Anyway, I get out there and there the bitch is! Ten fucking feet from me. Luckily she decided sneaking into Victory Lane more important when Edwards was done with his flip and spins. It was actually kind of funny to watch her run into the middle of the pack of Edwards' crew to sneak in. It looked very desperate, but that's besides the point.

Tonight she'd been emailing all kinds of people with her usual I'm not who I say I am stuff. I wouldn't give a shit if it were just my friends (ok maybe a little) but she is also doing this to professional outlets. She's not threatening me physically, but she is threatening my future.

Would it be too much if I got a restraining order against her? I've had several people reccomend it but I just haven't wanted to take it that far yet.

Oh let me add that the new version of her story is that I flirt with editors for credentials and that I'm never credentialed under the same media name twice. That's funny because I've only gone under two. Oh yeah and she's adding stuff about me jeopardizing her daughter too. WTF that fucking bitch. Sorry, that part I just learned about that part. That seriously pisses me off to no end. I believe I've already answered my own question.

But has anyone else dealt with a stalker like this one before?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Why is everyone looking at me?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

*Whistles, walks away quietly...*

4. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Is her name Patti?

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

File for a restraining order, but more importantly go talk to the police. Even if you don't have enough for a TRO, a lot of times cops will go have a little chat with a stalker b/c they know how it ends up too often.

After that, well, I don't have much.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Damn Beej, you chickened out. :-\

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

What? I posted nothing. :D :D :D

Just a little inside joke for you (and Dools!!) to briefly enjoy!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go wipe off the red lipstick on my walls.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Beej, keep your toe fetish off the board. Thank you.

9. Oz

Oz Active Member

Might I ask, how did you first meet/come to know this woman? Just curious.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Now you look psycho because I deleted my post too.

Sorry KG. Didn't mean to jack your thread. I would say definitely keep any proof (e-mail threats, to you or anyone else, anything else you can get your hands on) and go to the police. Always good to have a record of that stuff.

11. KG

KG Active Member

Oz I met her the first at the Atlanta race. It's my "home track" and I was camping there because a big group of friends from out of state were coming down to it and camping there. Talk about a mistake! She was a nearby camper, seemed ok. We were friends for about a month until I started realizing she was a little off her rocker. So I just quietly stepped away. Then in the past month (or so) she's reappeared with a vengeance.

I've kept records of all the stuff I have. That reminds me though, how can you get text messages from your phone if you try to email them to yourself and the phone says it's too long? I tried to figure it out on the Cingular site but it's not helpful and I was distracted by some other stuff.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

so, moving in with her is NOT an option?

Draft saved Draft deleted