1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stairway to Heaven: The coming death of just about every rock legend ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Slacker, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Her tits are 37 however.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

this list of rock legends has expanded to include people who never rocked.

expendable and Chef2 like this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The Hot Band of Albert Lee, James Burton, Glen D. Hardin, Hank DeVito, Emory Gordy Jr., John Ware and Rodney Crowell may have been the No. 2 backup band in the world, behind the Hawks/Band.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Music is as bad as it's ever been by some margin. Classic rock tours do better now than they did when it was new rock. There's just nothing that good listen to with any consistency, and the material is often well beyond subtle or clever.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Imagine if one of those celebrity rock and roll legends cruises went down and you had to sort out a pecking order. It would make the Day the Music Died with Holly, Valens and the Bopper look like a picnic.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

You sound like my parents in the 1990s, and likely, their parents in the 1970s. Music is like SNL - it's always the best the decade you grew up in, and then after, it magically seems to suck more.

8. DanOregon

The biggest difference in music generation to generation isn't the ideas, but the technology and how it is performed. Think about the big band era, then rock with electric guitars, the 80s and electric keyboards and drums, and now it's all about the beats, autotune and processors.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No, it’s bad.

TV? As good as it’s ever been in the last 15 years.

Music? Not. Not at all.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yes, and it’s awful.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. DanOregon

It's weird - you also think about how music is now proprogated with radio in decline. (One of the reasons you could write a book about Old Town Road). I don't know if it is more amazing that songs become hits - or less so. Used to be the local DJ/program director was the prime mover in a market - now it may as well be a friend - and there are fewer barriers to be people making music. Which leads to even more competition.
    Also - now most musicians make most of their jack on touring, when it used to be loss-leader to get you to buy the latest record.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Are you sure about that part I bolded? I've always heard that musicians make way more on their tours than through record sales. On tour they don't have to share in any of the merchandising or ticket sales, and I think they only make a buck or two on each record sold.

Draft saved Draft deleted