1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Staffing College Football

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HeinekenMan, Aug 15, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

With all the crazy talk about a few papers dropping or reducing pro beat road game coverage in hockey and basketball, I'm wondering how things are shaking out in the college world?

Does your paper staff college football road games or do you use some mixture of wire and stringers? And what about basketball?

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We go everywhere with football for all three of our schools (two I-As, one I-AA) ... basketball's a bit different. With our two ACC schools, we go to places within reasonable driving distance (the Carolina schools, Maryland); our Big South school's women's team is traditionally much better than the men, so we staff more women's home games than travel to men's road games. We'll hit games if they're important for the men and will always hit the conference tournaments.

Draft saved Draft deleted