1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Staff writer, Dallas Cowboys, Irving Texas

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Jan 25, 2013.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

That's hard to believe, even if the cost of living is cheap in Dallas.

2. dingo10886

dingo10886 New Member

So if one has not been contacted at this point, they are essentially eliminated? Stinks for me.

3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

That's twice what I got at my first stop.

4. speters159

speters159 New Member

Most likely. I received my secondary phone interview and took myself out of the running.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Why? Don't you like beans and rice?

6. speters159

speters159 New Member

Not particularly.

7. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

$26K would be considered a raise a lot of Texas sportswriters. It's a bit low for a Dallas job, but really not that bad. The one good thing about it would be, it's the Cowboys, and despite sucking on the field and being run by an egomaniac, who is helping to ruin the team, it will still be around, so do good at the job and you'll probably have it as long as you want it. That's something hard to say about even the most stable Texas newspaper jobs.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

But at $26,000, how long will you want it?

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Eh, that's up to the individual. I was five years out of school and on my third job before I reached that salary level (granted, a long time ago when stuff was cheaper). But, hey, if your choice is between covering Class 2A Podunk High and covering the Dallas Cowboys, well, your choice.

10. People get to cover 2A schools!?

Shiiiiit

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

There are jobs in Texas where you can make more than $26,000 covering 2A schools.

Trust me.

12. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

And I'll bet you there are more jobs that pay less than $26,000. Trust nobody.

Draft saved Draft deleted