1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Staff opening, Macon, Ga.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Daniel Shirley, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

When I give one - the real one - it means I know people there, know the paper, recommend it as a good situation. Doesn't mean anything if I don't give one because I don't know a lot of papers. But bank on it if I do (where is Fenian's picture of tooting your own horn??)

As for boots, well, who knows? I started the Pipeline, he chimed in with one. I started a seal of approval, he chimed in with one. If I switch toilet paper, I suspect he will, too.

2. boots

boots New Member

For the record. You are not worth following. I know the situation a helluva lot better than I let on. Your editorials, especially when it concerns me and my pipeline, are unwarranted, unappreciated and definitely unnecessary.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

As is your copycatting but we are off topic here.

4. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

How much writing would be involved in this position? It almost sounds like an ASE type role, with a lot of administration and editing. I guess a little more clarification of the duties would be welcome.

5. Lolly,
    This job would include some desk and helping me with the administrative and editing duties when I'm not here or if I need to be involved in something else, etc., but there will be plenty of writing: Falcons, preps, etc. I typically work desk five nights a week, and that's not going to change any time soon. But this person would help with some of that while also handling writing duties.
    Hope that helps.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Daniel, this post disappeared off APSE. Anything we need to know?

7. Nope,
    Nothing there. I posted them both at the same time, and this one was up quicker and I just figured enough people were seeing here to go with it here.

8. Rookie23

Rookie23 Member

Hey Daniel what is the deadline for applications?

9. No real set deadline. But as soon as possible would be the best. We want to fill this job quickly.

10. What I want to know is how much this staff person gets to cover the Macon Whoopee?

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That'd be none, since the Woopee no longer exists ...

12. Pi

Pi Member

But you can buy the rights to that name for a tidy sum.

Draft saved Draft deleted