1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Staff opening, Macon, Ga.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Daniel Shirley, Apr 28, 2007.

1. The Macon Telegraph is looking to add a versatile member to its sports staff. This position will focus on desk work and coordination of our pro sports coverage but will also include high school and college work. In short, we're looking for someone who can do a little bit of everything. Send your cover letter, resume and work samples to dshirley@macontel.com or mail them to: Daniel Shirley, 120 Broadway, Macon, Ga., 31201 or call (478) 744-4227.
  2. boots

boots New Member

Even though McClatchy has taken over, the Telegraph is a good place. Definitely worth the coveted and much maligned boots seal of approval. Nice to see the Telegraph is hiring when many papers are cutting back.
  3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

"Even though McClatchy has taken over?" How many parent companies are better to work for than McClatchy?
  4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The copycat seal - it don't get much better than that!
  5. sgaleadfoot

sgaleadfoot Member

Feel free to message me with any questions about the opening, Macon or The Telegraph.
  6. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Hacky will also take questions, comments, concerns, requests or dedications on this one....
  7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The Telegraph gets to hire because it IS McClatchy, Boots. They don't make their papers sit on open desk jobs.

EDIT: This is a jobs thread and I'm being nice.
  8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

A check of their web site shows Rick Nolte, formerly the SE, listed as a sports reporter, and Daniel Shirley as SE. Does anyone know what happened there?
  9. Hope this helps ...
    Rick decided late during the fall that he wanted to step down as sports editor and do other things, mostly focus on writing. I took over as sports editor in January after joining the staff in July.
    Rick is now leaving us full time to go into a publishing venture, but he's going to continue to help us part time.
  10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

despite the boots seal of approval, i will say this is a good place to work and good folk to work with/for

daniel is one of the good guys in the biz and you will do well working for him.

some great folk on staff, and a paper that does it right
  11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Hoops: You're Hired! [/sorrycouldntresist]
  12. very good people and a very good staff - mostly young too.
Draft saved Draft deleted