1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Staff editor, CBSSports.com

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Craig_Stanke, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Craig_Stanke

Craig_Stanke New Member

CBSSports.com, the Fort Lauderdale, Fla.-based website for CBS Sports and part of CBS Interactive, is anticipating an opening for a staff editor.

Staff editors at CBSSports.com maintain the various arena pages, edit staff and wire copy, process news and game recaps, edit photos -- basically all the daily news/feature/column production for the site. Nights and weekends are involved; the site is close to a 24/7 operation.

Web experience is helpful but not required. We're more interested in the journalism you bring to the table and can teach you the rest.

The successful candidate will have management skills and aspirations.

This is not a writing position, and the person hired should not take it with the expectation it might turn into one.

CBS Interactive is a division of CBS Corp., with all the typical benefits you'd expect from a company of that size, including 401(k) with a match, excellent health and life insurance, etc.

Those interested should e-mail managing editor Mark Swanson at maswanson@cbs.com.

2. Igor in CT

Igor in CT Member

Anyone know (or guess) a salary range and what this shop is like?

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I know people who know Craig, and I know him by extension, and I've heard nothing but good things.

I can't speak to the environment or the workload or anything else, having never been there...but I'd guess it would be a lot of work with some hard-working people.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hey Mark, you have my resume from about 6 months ago?

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Craig, how much experience are you looking for? Forgive me if I overlooked that part in a previous post..I didn't see it.

Draft saved Draft deleted