1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

St. Rudy of 9-11 OUT

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cranberry, Jan 30, 2008.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/giuliani-to-exit-presidential-race-today/n20080130120009990048

2. After careful consideration, I've come to the conclusion that Rudy!'s strategy of waiting for the big-state primaries sucked.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I disagree. The strategy was brilliant. The candidate sucked.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Now he can go back to being a great father and husband.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It appeared to me that he had no option. He was going to lose Iowa. The longer he was in that state, the worse his poll numbers became. He went to N.H. and tried to play it up there. However, his money started to dwindle and, like Iowa, the longer he was in the state the worse his poll numbers became.

He needed to bank on Florida. He was hoping for the retired NYers and NJers to vote for him. By the time it got towards the end, people were working for free and he was hoping beyond hope to just get a little attention. The guy never had a chance.

St. Rudy of the Rubble will not be missed.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

God. What will America do, now that the great violator of civil rights has dropped out of the race?

Woe, woe, woe are we.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I guess 3,000 people died in vain. Sorry, your holiness.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

If this means I won't have to hear him bumble and stumble through another speech rife with errors in a drivers meeting at Daytona...then it's a victory for all of us.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Wow.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Rudy we hardly new ya. Not everyone is a Yankee fan

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted