1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

St. Paul backup Twins/GA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Jersey_Guy, Feb 6, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Who is the SE there now?

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's Mike Bass. He has been there a few years.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

you asking about the st. paul SE or the duluth SE? duluth hired the guy from its sister paper in superior.

4. keef spoon

keef spoon Member

Chris Snow?

5. ShelbyFoote

ShelbyFoote Member

Good one.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Well, he's in town already.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I was wondering about the Duluth SE.

Who was Slater supposed to replace, and who got the job?

8. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

There has been some movement on the baseball side this winter. Kat O'Brien (Rangers) went to Newsday to cover the Yankees. And the Tampa Bay Trib has a new Devil Rays writer, I believe (Lancaster from Cincinnati?)

9. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

Good for Gordon. He loves baseball, does a great job, and didn't want to be pulled off the beat or busted to No. 2.

Now he gets spring training in Arizona, and it doesn't get any better than that.

10. North61

North61 Member

This might out me, but I don't care. My rep isn't all that special on SportsJournalists.com

I'm a Minnesota based reporter with 5 years reporting experience, the last two at a daily including one stint as a SE. At my current job I cover several sports but specialize on a beat for a development franchise in a national league - but not MLB, NBA, NHL, etc. I feel my clips are sufficient and I want to take a jump to a bigger job with more responsibilities and of course a better wage.

I would love to have this job at this point in my career, but something tells me Pioneer Press will hire some older reporter with 10+ years of experience with some time covering MLB for another publication.

Any chance I'd could land this job? I'm cheap labor!
    Begin the ripping now ;D

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

That is correct.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Send your clips and find out.

Draft saved Draft deleted