1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

St. Louis Post-Dispatch has two openings

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by brian griffin, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

So who ended up getting this?

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

This is pure conjecture, but would anyone be shocked if they held off for some time on these jobs? Sounds like the PD is cutting back big time. You don't need many designers if you're putting out 12-page sections.

3. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

I believe the P-D just hired someone. Maybe from Florida?

4. western exile

western exile New Member

Looks like Nicole Bogdas from Palm Beach.

http://www.visualeditors.com/apple/2007/08/nicole-bogdas-moves-to-the-st-louis-post-dispatch

5. Fisch

Fisch Member

Just thought I'd say thanks to those who said nice things about me. Well, all of you but Knox. Jerk. :) Just remember Luke, I better be in your wedding for hooking you up with your girlfriend!

As for the openings at the PD, they hired Nicole, but I don't know if she's going to be doing news or sports. They've been shuffling some people into sports from other departments and they might keep that up.

6. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Well, that makes me feel better. I applied for this job and after looking at Nicole's newspagedesigner clips, I can say without hesitation that she's a much better designer than I am. I always hate it when I apply for a job and then when they hire someone else, I look at their clips or experience and I'm as good as or better (in my mind) than the hire.

7. Fisch

Fisch Member

Yeah, Nicole's not too bad. Plus she went to Mizzou and is from the Chicago area, so it's almost a "coming home" for her.

8. theotherap

theotherap New Member

What about the other opening? Have they found someone yet?

9. Fisch

Fisch Member

I haven't heard anything about the second opening. But considering they're doing buyouts, I wouldn't be surprised it they put the second opening on hold for a while, at least until they get the buyout stuff taken care of.

Draft saved Draft deleted