1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

St. Louis P-D: Sports Copy Editor/Online Producer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by bmereness, Feb 24, 2014.

1. bmereness

bmereness Member

I didn't see this posted on here but I found it while perusing the Lee site,

Sports Copy Editor/Online Producer - 000101A7

Description

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch is seeking someone who can edit and produce sports content across platforms - print, online and mobile. The ideal candidate will have experience in editing sports stories, working on tight deadlines and keeping a website updated and vibrant. Responsibilities will include working with our sports copy desk, with the opportunity to grow into a night sports slot. You'll be responsible for moving our content across print and digital platforms each night.

Candidates should send links to work samples, a resume and a brief biography highlighting your passion for sports. Please include links only. Do not include file attachments. Send your application to: St. Louis Post-Dispatch Sports Editor, Roger Hensley rhensley@post-dispatch.com

Qualifications

Job: News

Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-St. Louis Post-Dispatch & STLtoday.com - St. Louis, MO

Organization: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Schedule: Full-time

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

This position is filled already, per Roger Hensley.

If anyone knows who got it, let us know. :)

3. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Another example of, "We know who we want to hire, but are obligated to post the job."

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Most likely. Another thing was, and no offense to the original poster, but this job was three weeks old by the time it was posted here.

5. bmereness

bmereness Member

I realize that but it was still an active job posting so I posted it. I even went back three pages to the week before the start date and I didn't see it on here.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Hey there... no, we don't blame you. You saw a posting, you put it up. That's how we know about these things. We're just talking about the process. A lot of times companies take a while to decide on a candidate. I can't speak for the P-D, but this may be a case where, like Ron said, someone was already in mind. :)

Please, if you see a job again, post it. We may have our in jokes like "Dammit, I can work for the Plain Dealer!" but we're a friendly bunch.

Draft saved Draft deleted