1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

St. Kitts writer/editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Al_Czervik, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Al_Czervik

Al_Czervik Member

If they're going to say "Please do not apply if you are not a good writer," they could "atleast" use proper grammar. But that's just me, I live in the "united states" and am used to being able to get "suppies" when I want.

Send your clips soon, so you can "recieve" a reply.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=446608

Company: The Observer
    Position: Senior writer/Editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires: March 18, 2007
    Job ID: 446608

Description:
    A well-accomplished writer/editor required for a progressive newspaper in the Caribbean Island Nation of St.Kitts and Nevis.

The successful applicant must be accustomed to Island life and not be fussy when tools and suppies are not as readily available as in the united states.

Must be able to supervise others, a proven editor, be a team player, good news judgement and of good moral character and have a record of stability.No drug usuers please

Atleast 10 years experience as an editor required

The leading newspaper in the Caribbean island nation of St.Kitts and Nevis seeks a senior writer/editor to be based in the newspaper's office on Nevis

The successful candidate will have at least 10 years experience as a Journalist with supervisory skills. Please do not apply if you are not a good writer, have a good record of stability and is unable to commit to at least two years of employment. Only qualified applicants will recieve a reply

Must have good references.

Only apply if you are serious about filling the position

Please email cover letter,resume and a picture of yourself to kawilliams_2000@yahoo.com Please note that this is a position outside the United States with a modest salary ,a car and 70% of housing paid. Email resume to kawilliams_2000@yahoo.com

Or mail to The Publisher The Observer #1 Observer Plaza Observer Drive Nevis West Indies

2. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Are you kidding me?

3. giantjay25

giantjay25 Member

10 years experience, no suppies, and you have to send them a picture of yourself.

Sounds like paradise to me...

4. Pops

Pops Member

If only I wasn't a drug usuer ...

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wot du unkwallifyed applikationists reseev?

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Member

Gives new meaning to the term destination paper

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Where exactly is St. Kitts, relative to U.S. geography? Yes, I know it's south, wiseasses.

Imagine the same pitfalls/bonuses of taking a job in Hawaii would apply here, even though you're a tad closer to the U.S. mainland.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

One bonus is no U.S. income tax ....

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The ad said "please," so you still got a shot, mon. :D

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

This guy sounds like a real piece of work.

Sheesh.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I can do without suppies but I gots to have my tool.

12. St. Kitts is pretty rad, FYI. My wife and I spent 10 days there on our honeymoon. Very nice, friendly and relaxed atmosphere and not nearly as many tourists as some of the other more popular Caribbean islands. We didn't pick up a copy of this rag while we were there, so I can't speak to its quality. But in terms of location, you could do a lot worse. Assuming you can go a few weeks without "suppies."

Draft saved Draft deleted